Wednesday 24 October 2012

Works CIted


Works Cited



Ioana Cheptea:
BBC. Woman's Hour -Depression and childbirth in the 19th century. n.d. Web. 17 October 2012. <http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womanshour/2004_29_wed_02.shtml>.
(This source helped me very much with narrowing in on what form of depression the narrator was affected by.  Skimming through the paragraphs I found the beginning quite helpful as it told of the troubles that motherhood brought women in the 19th century.)
CNN. Mental illness. n.d. Web. 18 October 2012. <http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/mental-illness/DS01104.html>.
(I found this site very helpful as it was organized and easy to find information on. It gave a lot of helpful information on the symptoms, causes and risk factors of depression.)
DailyLit: The Yellow Wallpaper, book by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. DailyLit. n.d. Web. 18 October 2012. <http://www.dailylit.com/books/yellow-wallpaper>.
(I barely used this site, only looking to find the year in which the story was written.) 
Dryden-Edwards, Roxanne R.D.E. Postpartum Depression (PPD) Symptoms, Treatment, Research ... n.d. Web. 19 October 2012. <http://www.medicinenet.com/postpartum_depression/article.htm>.
(I used this site to continue my research on Postpartum depression. It was very helpful as it focused more in-depth on the issue and gave many examples and facts.)
Gupta, Sanjay S.G, and Andy A.S Segal. Treating depression with electrodes inside the brain - CNN.com. n.d. Web. 17 October 2012. <http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/14/health/battery-powered-brain/index.html>.
(I found this source very interesting and it was it's title that attracted me to it at first. It was a very interesting article that wrote of the information for treating depression with electrodes inside the brain. This was also the second source I took from CNN, so i found it very useful.)
NIMH Depression. n.d. Web. 18 October 2012. <http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression/index.shtml>.
(I found that this site was not as helpful as the others due to the fact that it contained most of the information that other sires had. However

Cristina Pan:


"The Yellow Wallpaper." Shmoop: Homework Help, Teacher Resources, Test Prep. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Oct. 2012. <http://www.shmoop.com/yellow-wallpaper/summary.html>.


"And I know John would think it absurd. But I must say what I feel and think in some way - it is such a relief!" (Pg.680)  
 
I found this quatation very helpful, because it tells us about the narrator's feeling.
 
"I've got out at last," said I, "in spite of you and Jane! And I've pulled of most of the paper, so you can't put me back!" (Pg. 687)
 
I found this quatation important, because the narrator figured out that she must stand for herself, and she must run away from John's control.
 
 
"You know the place is doing you good," he said, "and really, dear, I don't care to renovate the house just for a three months' rental" (Pg. 678)
 
I found this quatation important, because this sentence shows John's personality.
 
"What is it, little girl?" he said. "Don't go walking about like that - you'll get cold." (Pg. 681)
 
I found this quatation important, because we can tell that the relationship between John and the narrator is quite different than it says in the story.
 
 
"There comes John's sister. Such a dear girl as she is, and so careful of me! I must not let her find me writing." (Pg. 679)
 
I found this quatation important, because we can tell the relationship between John's sister and the narrator, and how do they treat the narrator.
 
"So now she is gone, and the servants are gone, and the things are gone, and there is nothing left but that great bedstead nailed down, with the canvas mattress we found on it. (Pg. 686)
 
I found this quatation important, because from this stence we can tell that Jennie starts to understand the narrator.

Anky Guo: 


Johnson, Greg . "EBSCO Publishing Service Selection Page."EBSCO Publishing Service Selection Page. EBSCOhost, n.d. Web. 20 Oct. 2012. <http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?vid=2&hid=11&sid=bab3a7a8-6168-4c4f-b80b-43952f52c117%40sessionmgr10&bdata=JnNp

Johnson, Greg. "EBSCO Publishing Service Selection Page."EBSCO Publishing Service Selection Page. EBSCOhost, n.d. Web. 20 Oct. 2012. <http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?vid=2&hid=11&sid=7b0302f6-1655-4390-8021-05626c90f12f%40sessionmgr15&bdata=JnNpdG


Photographs: 

Talsman, Isabel. The Yellow Wallpaper. 2012. n/a, Michigan. Isabel Talsman. Web. 22 Oct. 2012.

DeviantArt, asunnyspirit on DeviantArt. John The Doctor. 2010. DeviantArt, n/a. DeviantArt. Web. 22 Oct. 2012.

2 comments: